Business and Marketing Internship
At its core, Treetops Collective
is made up of people
using their different gifts and creative skills to
build a welcoming community for New Americans.
Interns play a key role in helping us further our mission.
We place a very high value on our interns and therefore take our time to find the candidates that best fit our mission and vision.
Our goal is not to only include interns in the important work of furthering our mission, but to invest in each intern so that they grow personally and professionally during their time with us.
Although our internships are set up on concrete benchmarks of what is expected, our secondary goal is that they will be passionate advocates for building a welcoming West Michigan by the time they leave.
We are looking for people who desire a better way of welcoming New Americans to West Michigan, who are willing to think outside of the box, and are ready to listen, learn, and work hard while applying their skills and education on the job.
We expect ideal candidates to:
- Value excellence in their work
- Be passionate for our mission
- Possess cross-cultural competence
- Help brainstorm new marketing campaigns.
- Outreach to relevant blogs, news outlets, etc.
- Host events
- Research potential retail partners.
The ideal candidate must be highly self-directed, flexible, and majoring in business/marketing or a related field.
- Internships generally begin three times a year, in January, June, and September. End dates are determined with each applicant, according to their needs and semester schedules.
- Internships are 3‐5 months in length, depending on season.
- Internship applicants must be at least 18 years of age, current college students or recent college graduates are preferred.
- Internships are unpaid.
- Internships are available in part time (20‐25 hrs/week) capacity.
- Interns must have reliable transportation to our community space and own or have access to computer and equipment needed for their work.
- If you are seeking college credit for your internship, we suggest that you start talking with your school advisor now about the steps you need to take. We are happy to fill out the needed paperwork to ensure that you get academic credit for your work with us.