Concentric Program Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone can apply to be in the program online here.
Yes absolutely! We will be recruiting 40 partners for women and 40 partners for teen girls. You can sign up for volunteer notifications here and get registered for one of our upocoming information sessions (currently taking place virtually).
Our current model sets up one staff person to be the primary contact for 20 program members each year. When a cohort graduates, those members still tend to see the Treetops staff person as their main resource when they run into a problem. As we thought about the next three years, we recognized quickly that this would likely result in 100 women viewing a Treetops employee as their main source of assistance. The relational strain on our staff needed to be addressed, and to ensure that we are not reinforcing client agency structures within our model.
Through Concentric, we will be mobilizing a force of New American leaders that will support families and one another in navigating their new communities and establishing new homes. Furthermore, families will see Treetops as a support but will view their own communities as solution-builders.
We are in the process of infusing this same model of New American leadership into the teen girls’ program. We will be announcing more soon, so stay tuned!
Due to the challenges presented by the pandemic in 2020 we decided to extend the 2020 cohort experience through to April 2021.
After the graduation of these cohorts, Community Leaders will start working with their own Sister Circles of 20 women and the teen program will start up in September.
Through Concentric, New American women leaders will gain job experience that will open the door to better employment opportunities for them, providing long-term benefit to their families and to the companies that will employ them.
Your gifts will help cover monthly stipends for New American leaders, costs associated with training and professional development, in addition to supporting each of the Sister Circles led by Community Leaders. Your investments in Concentric will catalyze transformation in our communities - places where neighbors rather than agencies are viewed as the primary actors in bringing people together. We have a vision to activate communities to care for and value one another.
We will continue to need Cross-Cultural Partners, transportation and hospitality volunteers, as well as board and committee members. All current volunteer needs with position descriptions and applications can be found here.
There are many different opportunities for your business to get involved with Concentric! We’ve listed a few that we know are needed, but we’d love to dream with you about what partnership could look like.
1.Get involved with training workshops: Support workshops monetarily or provide food. Does your business have resources that would be helpful to New Americans making West Michigan home? Get in touch with us about being a speaker!
2. Mentor a Community Leader: The women in our program are developing skills to increase their employability. We’d love to connect each of the Community Leaders with a mentor in their field of interest.
3. Become a Business of Belonging: Join the movement through our business membership.
4. Give at Year End: Looking to make a difference in your community? Help us launch this program by giving during the year end 2020 season. Our goal is to raise $25,000 from local businesses by January 2021.
There are many different opportunities for your community to get involved with Concentric! We’ve listed a few that we know are needed, but we’d love to dream with you about what partnership could look like.
1. Advertise volunteer opportunities: We’ll provide the materials and can come speak to your congregation (in person or virtual opportunities) about how they can get involved
2. Become a Sponsor: Partner with one community leader to be a resource for her and the families in her Sister Circle
3. Add Treetops Collective to your offering calendar: This is a great way to help us “meet” people in your community! We can provide any resources you need to share our mission with your congregation.
4. Give at Year End: Looking to make a difference in your community? Help us launch this program by giving during the year end 2020 season. Our goal is to raise $15,000 from local churches by January 2021.
Treetops Collective has a robust track record with managing grant funding. We’d love to talk with you about how to meet your funding goals and mission through our programs. Please contact our Development Director, Abby Punt at email@example.com or (734) 904-2738.